Friday 31 March 2017

Beer Lines: News from The Beer Essentials 30a East Street, Horsham, West Sussex

Beer Lines

The Beer Essentials was established in August 2001 by former King & Barnes retail sales manager, Gareth Jones, following the closure of King & Barnes in 2000. Eager to continue providing proper beer to the good people of Horsham, Gareth immediately set to establishing his very own off-licence. Many years later, The Beer Essentials stands as a haven of real ale in the Horsham District. Situated in Horsham's historic town centre, The Beer Essentials continues to provide top quality beer and cider to it's happy patrons. I'm on the mailing list for Gareth's newsletter and I thought I would share his latest one with the world.

News from The Beer Essentials 30a East Street, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1HL, 01403 21889


info@thebeeressentials.co.uk

www.thebeeressentials.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/BeerEssentialsUK/

www.twitter.com/EssentialsBeer



Welcome! Welcome to the latest issue of Beer Lines, the newsletter of The Beer Essentials, Horsham’s real ale shop.

Greetings from a very sunny East Street. The hops in my yard at the rear of the shop are looking decidedly triffidlike and I’m beginning to think that spring is finally here. I’m not generally known for my optimism weather-wise but there’s hoping for a prolonged spell of warmth that will make people think about beer. I realise that some people (and I include myself) think about beer whatever the weather but you know what I mean! Anyway here is the beer news.

The Anchor Tap

While writing this newsletter I found the April edition from last year and in it I mentioned the Anchor Tap, Dark Star’s pub just a few shops down from me, as it had not long opened its doors. Well one year on and The Anchor Tap has just been voted North Sussex CAMRA's Pub of the Year and thoroughly well-deserved in my opinion.

Horsham Beer Festival 2017

Just another quick reminder that tickets for the above event go on sale at 10.00am on Saturday 3rd June. Ticket day tends to be fairly chaotic so you might want to set an alarm.....there will be free cake!! CAMRA Sussex Beer Festival I had a very enjoyable evening recently at the CAMRA Sussex Beer Festival held for the first time, this year, at Brighton Racecourse. Not necessarily the easiest venue to get to (many thanks to Liz and Bob Sutton for letting me share their taxi back down the hill to the station!) but once there the beer was fantastic. I did quite a bit of “quality control” however two real stand-out beers for me were Thornbridge Brock, a delicious velvety stout with a hint of smoke and Downlands West Indian Pale Ale, a fantastic IPA full of fruity hop flavours (see below).

New Bottles

I have just got some new beers in from Hubertus in the Czech Republic. I currently have the Light (3.9%ABV) and the Medium (4.4% ABV) but I hope to have several others from them soon. All of their beers are very clean and refreshing and full of flavour. On Draught during April we hope to have on draught: Dark Star Six Hop Ale 6.5% ABV £3.25 per pint; Tring Apache 3.9% ABV £2.30 per pint; Downlands West Indian Pale Ale 6.5% ABV £3.25 per pint, plus loads of other great beers TBC. Please check blackboard in shop for current availability.

Thanks for reading

Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.